Calvary Hanford first met as a church on Sunday morning January 20, 1985. The original group of 30 believers had been fellowshipping at Calvary Chapel of Visalia. The pastors and elders in Visalia felt God’s leading to start a sister church in Hanford for these folks who were commuting the 25 to 40 miles from Hanford, Lemoore, and the Lemoore Naval Air Station.
After meeting for 18 years in the Kings County YMCA, the Lord in August 2003 orchestrated the purchase of our current campus at 1900 N. Douty Street.
Our pastor, Gene Pensiero, previously served as the assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel of San Bernardino, California. He was called to lead our fellowship in May of 1985. He and his wife, Pam, have two adult children (Mary & Geno) and 6 grandchildren.